Tuesday, March 8, 2022

International Women's Day 2022- Reflections





During my early years, several women were my teachers, bosses, supervisors, or mentors. It took awhile for me to realize that this was not a normal experience and that women were not treated as equals in society. So, I celebrate them for their accomplishments and their leadership.

Sandra Sutton-- for managing work and family so well for so many years before I realized what women were up against. My lifelong friend and partner.


Gladys  (New) Sutton, my first boss--she owned a bookstore  and she is one reason I thought it was normal for women to own and manage businesses! Thanks mum.  Obituary 2012


Joan Salamanca, High School English-- who encouraged me to write. I never forgot her kind words.

Marjorie Moloney, High School Chemistry-- a no nonsense role model for women in science. 2021 Obituary I had both women and men teach me math and science.

Corrine S. Copy, PhD, Counseling Psychology. My Master's Degree Advisor was a top flight professor who boosted my confidence and gave me memorable lessons in supervision. 2010 Obituary

Julianne Lockwood, PhD, Clinical & Forensic Psychology. She was held in high esteem by all who knew her. She gave me excellent postdoc supervision for licensure while reminding me that all of her students passed the national exam the first time. 2019 Obituary

Of course, I have worked for or with a lot of women during my life so a list will never be complete. Those above were there in the early years when we form our ideas about what is normal in society.

And then there was my Queen. You know, the Head of State whose been there since I was a toddler. Queen Elizabeth II, Happy Jubilee.

Photo- My wife in her business attire.

Please check out my website   www.suttong.com

   and see my books on   AMAZON       or  GOOGLE STORE

Also, consider connecting with me on    FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton    

   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton    

You can read many published articles at no charge:

  Academia   Geoff W Sutton     ResearchGate   Geoffrey W Sutton 

 

 




1 comment: