Monday, January 25, 2021

Facebook Privacy & Tracking


Have you ever seen something you searched for show up on Facebook? I have. I recognize it right away. It's nothing embarrassing--just annoying to realize you are being tracked.

I appreciate Facebook for several reasons most of which have to do with family connections. Aside from my immediate family, most of my family live in England. And my US family live far away. Add to that friends we have made over many decades and it can be pretty addicting to enjoy lots of positive images of people enjoying life or expressing care when tragedy strikes.

I get that Facebook is a business. It's only free because some businesses are willing to buy ads--hoping we will buy something or that we may support their cause. I get rid of offensive ads and occasionally look at an interesting product. No problem here.

But privacy is important at some level. Who is tracking me when I'm not on Facebook? Fortunately, there is a way to turn off that type of tracking. But the key is a bit hidden so, I took some pictures to help out. If you don't mind clicking around, you can find the setting for yourself under SETTINGS

Choose the down arrow button on the right.



Under settings, go to the Your Facebook Information item. Then choose "Off-Facebook Activity."



Below is the image for "Off-Facebook Activity" On the right is "What You Can Do."

You can clear your history and manage future "off-Facebook activity"-- that lets you turn it off.




Now for my ad!

I write books and sell them on AMAZONGoogle, and elsewhere. Please check out my author pages and my website. If we are not connected and we share some common interests, let's connect.

Thank you


Links to Connections

Checkout My Website   www.suttong.com

  

See my Books

  AMAZON       

 

  GOOGLE STORE

 

FOLLOW me on

   FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton  

  

   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton

 

   PINTEREST  www.pinterest.com/GeoffWSutton

 

Read published articles:

 

  Academia   Geoff W Sutton   

 

  ResearchGate   Geoffrey W Sutton 








No comments:

Post a Comment