Saturday, December 12, 2020

Shopping for Nerds 2020



There are some amazing deals online this year. And we've bought or received a few.

Updated 12 December 

I purchased my first GoPro Hero 9--hoping to travel in 2021. The video stabilisation is amazing! I got a big sale on a bundle price but no guarantees on sale prices because they can change. Anyway, I like the product. Tip- there are different bundles of the Hero9 plus accessories. So, check with your camera guru if you need help.









I did get spare batteries and a charger and it works well. AMAZON 
Batteries and Charger







My wife got the new Fire HD10 Tablet on sale and is very happy with it. It replaced her old iPad mini. She uses it every day--mostly for reading books, magazines, and playing games.

Fire Tablet




Covid-19 perfect. My son and his wife got me an AUDBILE gift subscription from AMAZON. I try to get a minimum of 10k steps per day and Audible books are a part of my walking program. 

There are gifting options and different levels. So far, I've been pleased with the selection.



I almost bought an Apple iPad Air. Apple has an Education discount but I see a discount on AMAZON, which makes it cheaper IF you add the 5% discount with Prime membership's card. Prices and discounts change so  PLEASE do the math. 


iPad Air












Following my son's lead, I got a clear OtterBox protection cover for my new Pixel phone.  I have the Pixel 4 and signed up for Google Fi to save money on monthly bills.



Pixel Phone







I place some of my books on Kindle Unlimited. The program offers readers access to a huge supply of books. It may be worth a free trial or gift subscription. Just an idea.




We do watch a variety of shows on our FIRE TV devices. We cut the cord some time ago.


I've been thinking of adding smart home gadgets. My son has a Ring-doorbell-camera, which is pretty neat. I haven't decided yet but the price is amazing.  He got me started with these  related gadgets with a gift of an echo dot.  Some of the photos are of newer models than what we have.

Ring 

Doorbell



echo dot


Smart plug

I have a smart plug, which is much more reliable than our old timer. They go on sale from time to time.

Echo Show

The smart plug works with our Echo Show. I programmed the plug for our lights but it also responds to voice control. We use the Echo Show everyday for news and weather. The grandchildren love to listen to story time. And lately, we've been listening to Christmas music.



Of course, there's the usual stuff like good deals on headphones and earphones

I did get an Mpow headset with mic for Zoom meetings. AMAZON









I read mostly nonfiction. There are some good deals on books too.  I gradually add to my book reviews at this blog link:   https://suttonreviews.suttong.com/

I have no idea where I got that nerdy sweater I'm wearing. But I like it.


Happy Shopping!

Oh, if they fit your interests in Psychology, I have a few books for sale on AMAZON and GOOGLE as well as other online book shops.

Cheers!


Links to Connections

Checkout My Page    www.suttong.com

  

My Books  AMAZON          and             GOOGLE STORE

 

FOLLOW me on   FACEBOOK   Geoff W. Sutton   TWITTER  @Geoff.W.Sutton

 

PINTEREST  www.pinterest.com/GeoffWSutton

 

Articles: Academia   Geoff W Sutton   ResearchGate   Geoffrey W Sutton 

 

 

Subscribe to my Travel Channel on YouTube

 







No comments:

Post a Comment