Friday, May 20, 2016
Faith and Emotional Health
Ten Ways Spirituality Promotes Emotional Health
I was asked to write an article about faith and emotional health. As a Christian, I naturally focused on Christian spirituality. As a psychologist, I examined recent publications describing emotional well-being. In this process, I came up with ten Christian principles and virtues linked to psychological well-being.
The complete article can be found in Vital Magazine online (Sutton, 2016).
In this post I will just list the ten items and refer you to the magazine article for the content.
1. Strengthen Faith 1 Corinthians 13
2. Nurture Hope 1 Corinthians 13
3. Embrace Love 1 Corinthians 13
4. Express gratitude Psalm 95:2
5. Practice Forgiveness Ephesians 4:32
6. Share Generously 2 Corinthians 9: 6-7
7. Connect with Friends and Family Genesis 2:18
8. Share your concerns Matthew 11: 28-30
9. Manage Anger Ephesians 4:26
10. Enjoy a Sabbath Rest Mark 2:27
A quote from the article:
"Emotional health goes hand in hand with spiritual health — and both can be shared with others"
See Vital Magazine May 2016